The Fashion Marketing—Buyer’s Profile program is geared towards teaching you an exciting profession where you can expose your talent, and even influence future fashion collections!
As a buyer, you will select and purchase clothing as well as accessories for a boutique’s specific clientele. Your intuition and sense of aesthetic will be useful to analyze and predict fashion trends.
Prepare yourself for the exciting, competitive and multi-faceted world of fashion!
- High-quality training with rich media content.
- Continuous evaluation of your understanding of the subject at hand.
- A variety of courses available remotely.
- A combination of virtual classes, self-guided training, and homework for a minimum amount of class hours and a maximum amount of freedom.
- Virtual evening classes.
- Length of program: 16 months.
- 20 hours/ week of work (includes self-guided training, virtual classes and individual study time).
- Aesthetic sensibility
- Interest in public relations and teamwork
- Dynamism and initiative
- Interest in business
- Strong interest in fashion and everything connected to it
- An ability to communicate with and convince people
- Purchase, sale, promotion and distribution of fashion merchandise
- Predicting styles & trends
- Evaluating target clientele needs
- Managing communication
- Managing marketing strategies
Minimum recommended equipment
- Computer with 64 bits 3GHz processor
- Windows 7 or higher; or Mac OS v.10.7 or higher
- Minimum 4 GB of RAM (8 GB of RAM recommended)
- Hard Drive 500GB
- Graphics Card
- High Speed Internet access
- Screen with minimum resolution of 1080 x 900 (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- Sound Card, headphones and microphones
- Application software and peripherals required for the course
- Burner, blank CDs and DVDs
- Flatbed Scanner
Students are responsible for ensuring compatibility with the software.
The software and material required for the course is compulsory and can be purchased online or at special student rates at LaSalle College’s supply store, located at 2020 Sainte-Catherine Street West, Montreal. Tel: 514 939-4442, ext. 3252.
- The History of Fashion
- The Marketing of Fashion
- Fashion Occupations
- Fiber & Textile Analysis
- Principles of Accounting
- Analysis of Styles & Trends
- Planning a Selection of Clothing and Accessories
- Developing an Exclusive Clothing Strategy
- Choosing a Selection of Clothing and Accessories
- Prospecting for Clients and Suppliers
- Introduction to Financial and Budgetary Planning
- Approaches to Planning
- Managing a Sales Force
- Managing Fashion Merchandise
- Import/Export Distribution
- Integration Project
Length of program: 16 months
20 hours / week of self-guided training, evening virtual classes and individual study time
This 900-hour program leads to an Attestation of College Studies (AEC) that is accredited by the ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES).
This training program is available in English and French.
Consult our self-guided training catalogue if you want to take any of these courses individually (without earning a diploma).
- Simply Accounting
- Fibre and textile kit
You must have prior training deemed sufficient and meet the www.lasallecollege.com/futur-students/admission/reglement-admissioncollege admission criteria set by MEES